- Best Credit Card for Students: Discover It
- Which is the BEST STUDENT CREDIT CARD?
- CREDIT CARD TIPS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- ATTENTION COLLEGE STUDENTS: GET THE DISCOVER STUDENT CREDIT CARD
- Why I Have 2 Discover It Cards
- Discover It Unboxing, Review of Benefits
- Discover It Chrome Card (Review)
- Student Credit Cards - why you need one and which ones are the best
- Students Discover the Power of Gratitude on a Community | Class Act
- Discover the University of Indianapolis with these students' stories
The information shown on this page is provided by the financial institution and is believed to be accurate at the time of posting (March, 2017). Please click "Apply Now" above to see the most up to date terms and conditions.
Annual Percentage Rate Purchase APR 13.49% – 22.49% (Variable)* Balance Transfer APR 13.49% – 22.49% (Variable)* Cash Advance APR 25.49% (Variable)* Penalty APR None Overdraft APR N/A
Fees Annual Fee None Balance Transfer Fee 3% of the amount of each transfer Cash Advance Fee Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater Foreign Transaction Fee None Late Payment Fee None the first time you pay late. After that, up to $37 Return Payment Fee Up to $37 Over-the-Credit-Limit fee None
Other Information Rewards Type Cash back Issuer Discover Network Discover Application Eligibility To be eligible for the Discover Student Credit Card you must be a college student. Minimum Credit Quality (What's This) Fair
Additional Details & Restrictions
* Intro purchase APR is 0% for 6 months from the date of account opening; then the standard purchase APR applies. Intro Balance Transfer APR is 10.99% for 6 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by 06/10/2017; then the standard purchase APR applies. Standard purchase APR: from 13.49% variable to 22.49% variable depending on your creditworthiness. Cash APR: 25.49% variable. Variable APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Minimum interest charge: $.50. Cash advance fee: 5%, min. $10. Balance transfer fee: 3% Annual Fee: $0. Rates as of 2/28/2017. When we evaluate creditworthiness, we consider your credit report, all the information you provide and other information. Customers with the best credit profiles receive the lowest rate. Other customers receive higher rates and may be offered an account with different rates or terms, including no introductory rates or rewards incentives. We will apply payments at our discretion, including in a manner most favorable or convenient for us. Each billing period, we will generally apply amounts you pay that exceed the Minimum Payment Due to balances with higher APRs before balances with lower APRs as of the date we credit your payment.
* REWARDS: We will send full terms and conditions with your card. Each quarterly 5% program has a cap on category purchases and you must sign up for each program. The amount of the cap may change. 5% category purchases over the quarterly cap, and all other purchases, earn 1% cash back. Rewards have no expiration. We will credit your Account with your Cashback Bonus balance if your Account is closed or if you have not used it within 18 months. Redemption may not be available for approximately 24-48 hours if your card is reported lost or stolen. Call 1-800-347-3085 for more details.
*Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, the Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are trademarks of Amazon or its affiliates.
*Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it(R) or Discover it(R) chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher(or equivalent) during a School Year (September – August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 Cashback Bonus ("Good Grade Reward"). One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five (5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Offer are subject to change.
* FICO(R) Credit Score Terms: Your FICO(R) Credit Score and key factors are based on data from TransUnion and may be different from other credit scores. This information is intended for and only provided to Primary cardmembers who have an available score. See Discover.com/FICO about the availability of your score. Your score is provided on the statement for individual accounts and on Discover.com with key factors for individual and joint accounts. You will see up to a year of recent scores online starting when you become a cardmember. Discover and other lenders may use different inputs, such as a FICO(R) Credit Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. This benefit may change or end in the future. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Cashback MatchTM:After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you’ve earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You’ve earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.
* Freeze it: When you freeze your account, Discover will not authorize new purchases, cash advances or balance transfers. However, some activity will continue, including bills that merchants mark as recurring, as well as returns, credits, dispute adjustments, payments, Discover protection product fees, other account fees, interest, rewards redemptions and certain other exempted transactions.